free hit counter javascript

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Giving Blood...

The other night, Eric and I had attempted to give blood. Notice how I used the word attempted. Eric did but I was unable too because my iron was too low. I was very disappointed as this was my first time going! I didn't know that they tested my iron and think that they should tell you when you make the appointment. I would have taken an iron supplement that day or something. Anyways I had to meet with the nurse because she said my iron was much to low and I had to make an appointment with my doctor. I was 10.3 (i'm not sure what the measurement is in.) she said usual is 12-14 or something.

4 Comments:

Blogger dan said...

okay so I totally had that same thing once, and i went to the doctor and i was border line anemic (which means you have really low iron and you are always tierd and stuff) so you should really get it checked out. For awhile I took a little red iron pill, not i just take a multivitamin with iron in it. It can also be lower if you are having your period....

5:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's EXACTLY what I said!!

Most women go borderline anemic when they have their periods. Just make sure you get a good supplement from a good Health Food store (or maybe from Auntie Deanne) so it won't constipate ya! I have some really good ones that I took when I was pregnant.

5:50 AM  
Blogger netablogs said...

Once I decided to give blood and hey asked me if I had breakfast. I said no. They refused my services.

9:02 PM  
Blogger PJ said...

Giving blood has always fascinated/creeped me out. I've always wanted to do it. Maybe one day.

7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home