free hit counter javascript

Monday, January 08, 2007

The hotel


Eric and I and a couple of our friends went skiing in Jasper this weekend. We stayed the night at the Athabasca Hotel, or affectionetely referred to as the Atha-B by those who have stayed there before. It was the smallest room I had ever seen. It didn't include a toilet or shower, that was next door, a communal bathroom for the floor. We had a sink, bed, and TV in our room. We couldn't complain, the room was only 50 bucks a night. When my friend Chelsea (a day in the life of chelsea), had recommended this place, I was skeptical. After a night, I am a convert and would definetly stay in the Atha-B again!
You can get a room with 2 queens and a bathroom, but that runs the price up to 80 bucks a night...

Here is Eric on the drive, wearing his baby toque.. It is hilarious

7 Comments:

Blogger dan said...

Yes Yes, I am the smartest girl in the world, and who needs a big fancy hotel when you can get a small room for only 50 dollors! Its a dutch persons dream!

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks pretty nice, too!

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

$50.00
sign me up!!!.
One question...
How many people have to share the bathroom?
That part scares me!!!!

1:14 PM  
Blogger dan said...

you have to share the bathroom with your hallway, but I have been there 2 times and I have NEVER seen anyone in the communal bathroom

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK..sounds safe.
Thanks.

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the Athabascan hotel is the best...I still can't figure out how its so cheap...it kinda freaks me out.

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok katers...its' been bugging me for weeks...alise's blog name is "as she stared at the world"...you have "started"...sorry, my
anal-ness is coming out...:)

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home